SPECIAL COVID 19 CONDITIONS IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
In order to protect our staff and all guests, our policies have been temporarily changed. If you feel that you are unable to comply with any of these policies, we will be happy to cancel your reservation with no charge to your account.
1) Contactless check in – your credit card on file will be charged for the full amount of your stay on the day of your arrival. After your card is charged, you will be emailed an entry code for the front door lock. The inn will be kept locked at all times. You will find an envelope containing a welcome letter which will explain how to access your room and request breakfast service attached to the front door of the inn.
2) There will be no communal breakfast or buffet. We will provide a light continental breakfast delivered to outside your room door at 8 am each day of your stay, as long as you submit an order to us by 8 pm the previous night. Special dietary considerations may not be able to be accommodated.
3) We will not provide daily service to your room. You may place bagged trash in the hallway by noon for pick-up as needed.
4) All interior common gathering spaces will be closed to guests. As such, television will not be available. Exterior spaces will be limited to the front porch and small courtyard in the back. Please maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourselves and anyone who is not a member of your household.
5) A cloth face mask must be worn by all guests who are in public areas of the inn.
6) We will practice enhanced cleaning standards per the CDC and AHLA guidelines
7) Although we will make every reasonable effort to provide a clean environment for our guests, we cannot guaranty a virus free environment. By reserving and accepting these conditions, you are staying at your own risk and we will not be responsible for any illness resulting from your stay.
8) Any guests who is unwell or has been around anyone who may have had the Covid 19 virus should stay home!
We are sorry to make these modifications, but feel that this is the only way we can open the inn in good conscience.
Experience The Veranda
Built in 1883, the Veranda is the oldest hotel in West Texas. This distinctive adobe building, with 2′ thick walls and 12′ high ceilings, has ten rooms and suites furnished in period antiques and collectibles. All rooms and suites have private baths. A separate Carriage House is under the shade of a large pecan tree. An excellent breakfast is served every morning, featuring “from scratch” recipes that our guests come back for.
Occupying most of a town block, the inn’s walled gardens and quiet courtyards shelter large verandas with rocking chairs and tables – the perfect spot for your morning coffee or evening glass of wine. The Veranda is ideal for small retreats, conferences and family reunions. Nearby are McDonald Observatory, Fort Davis National Historic Site, the Nature Conservancy’s Davis Mountains Preserve, the Chihuahuan Desert Nature Center and Davis Mountains State Park. It is 2 and 1/2 hours to Big Bend National Park, 45 minutes to Balmorhea State Park, 20 minutes to Marfa (Chinati Art Foundation) and 25 minutes to Alpine (Museum of the Big Bend).
We believe that your stay at the Veranda should be an experience unto itself. Our small size allows us to pay attention to every detail of your stay and provide you with a level of personal service you will not find in a larger establishment.